Saturday, January 6, 2024

Celebration of Life | Keith McElfresh | January 6, 2024


Today, my mother-in-law Sharon, my wife Catherine, and her brother and sisters celebrated a beautiful memorial service for my beloved father-in-law. Through his highs and lows, he passionately pursued God. In his final years, I never left his company without feeling encouraged and uplifted.   2 Timothy 4:7-8 applies so well to him:

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Hoy, mi suegra Sharon, mi esposa Catherine y su hermano y hermanas celebramos un hermoso servicio conmemorativo para mi amado suegro que ya está con nuestro Senior.  A través de sus tiempos altos y bajos, siempre siguió a Dios con todo su corazón. En sus últimos años, nunca dejé su presencia sin sentirme alentado y animado. 2 Timoteo 4:7-8 se aplica muy bien a él.

7He peleado la buena batalla, he acabado la carrera, he guardado la fe. 8Por lo demás, me está guardada la corona de justicia, la cual me dará el Señor, juez justo, en aquel día; y no sólo a mí, sino también a todos los que aman su venida.

No comments:

Post a Comment